Friday, November 13, 2009

I want the Pharoahs but theres only Men.



S and I are going to see Neko Case on Saturday night. We've been planning on going to this show since the summer. It always feels strange to me when I make plans so far into the future and then suddenly the future is on your doorstep. Time goes by so fast some times and so slow others. Like in the case of this work day. Its creeping, probably because I have another date with the fellow Ive been seeing. Things are going nicely but at a different pace than I am used to. He forces me to be genuine and that is not a bad thing, but part of whats fun about me is the theatrics.

Here are some of my favourite quotes from Neko Case songs. They are so descriptive and beautiful....

"Last night I dreamt That I hit a deer with my car Blood from his heart Spilled out onto my dress and was warm He begged me to follow But legions of sorrow defied me"

"The next time you say forever, I'll punch you in your face. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean I didn't mean it.You never know when I'll show you the never."

"You spoke the words, "I love girls in white leather jackets" That was good enough for love, it was good enough for me "

"Hey pretty baby get high with me,We can go to my sisters if we say we'll watch the baby"The look on your face yanks my neck on the chain And I would do anything To see you again"

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had fun at Neko! I love that lady. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks for visiting my blog, i really enjoyed reading your answers! It's nice to find out who my readers actually are. Hope finishing school goes well for you xx

    ReplyDelete