Monday, February 8, 2010
Friday, January 29, 2010
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Helping the kids out of their coats
But wait the babies haven't been born oh
Unpacking the bags and setting up
And planting lilacs and buttercups oh
But in the meantime we've got it hard
Second floor living without a yard
It may be years until the day
My dreams will match up with my pay
Old dirt road,
knee deep snow
Watching the fire as we grow...old.
I got a man to stick it out
And make a home from a rented house oh
And we'll collect the moments one by one
I guess that's how the future's done oh
How many acres, how much light
Tucked in the woods and out of sight
Talk to the neighbours and tip my cap
On a little road barely on the map
Friday, January 8, 2010
Im going hiking this weekend and this is what I hope to see. Im heading down to Matunuck to walk at Trustom Pond, Ive been hearing that there is quite a lot of Fox and Deer. Im hoping to get some lovely picture either way and get going on my goal to add more of my own photos to the blog.
Im excited to get back to hiking, last year i went just about every weekend. I was living in South County and it felt like nature was just more accessable. I could walk out my front door and see the ocean and a good hiking trail was only a short drive away. Living in the city is tough, as much as I love it and how close everything is I miss beach and woods and bars with a view of the ocean.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
I really feel that I have come into my independence this year. I'm growing up and its a strange and wonderful feeling. I'm proud of myself and I fell that I am able to make some positive changes in the coming year. With that said here is my list of 2010 resolutions:
1. Be a better Blogger -- Ideally I would blog everyday or every other day, but I'm going to start out with a commitment i can handle and say that I will post every week and maybe that will turn into twice a week and so on. Id like to incorporate more photos of my own in my blog and some quality content. This is not a theme blog, I am all over the place. This is a blog about my life and that is a little scattered as well. There are blogs that I really look forward to reading and though there are very few of you who follow me Id like for my blog to be one that you look forward to reading as well. I am new to this but I really think it will get better with time, so hang in there with me while i figure out where I want to go with this.
2. Re-establish a regular yoga practice --There was a time when i was practicing yoga on the regular, but somehow that slipped away from me. Id really like to get back to waking up in the morning to some energizing poses and having a class that I attend weekly.
3. Clean Eating -- Since taking my job in July I find myself eating out a lot while I'm at work, not to mention the amounts of junk food being offered in the office all the time. Id like to get into the habit of packing healthy snacks and lunches and cooking myself dinners at night as opposed to going out all the time.
4. Log 5 workouts a week -- I feel better when I work out regularly, I have more energy, my mood is better AND my clothes fit better. I really enjoy working out, but somehow i always get hung up on the idea of going to gym and how daunting that can be. I need to harness that feel good vibe I get after a workout and tap into it when I'm feeling to lazy to hit up the gym (which is about 4 blocks from my house).
5. Tighten my budget -- In Sept. I went through the process of asessing where all of my money goes and writing myself out a budget that really works, now all i have to do is stick to it!
6. Go back to School -- This year i would like to get the ball rolling on finishing a bachelors degree in Psychology. I have a lot of goals for a masters degree and career goals but FIRST I need to finish a bachelors, which is going to require some BIG changes in 2010. It just doesn't seem plausible to stay at the job I'm at currently and go back to school, and since Id have to leave my job anyway Ive been looking at schools in....
7. Colorado -- Two very close friends of mine moved to Boulder in Sept. and are constantly raving about life in CO. I'm planning to move out there and become a full time student and enjoy a change. I'm young and single, If i dont make a big change at this stage in my life I don't know that i ever will. There is lots of planning and saving to do but my goal is to move out there by Sept/Oct 2010 and enroll in school by Jan 2011.
Happy New Year Everyone!!
Monday, December 7, 2009
I had a hard time not shopping for myself as I fell in love with a wooden peacock ring (hopefully it will still be there after the holidays). I did manage to find my momma a gift, I found a great photo album handmade out of bamboo and banana leaves and a straw tote with a quirky flower screen print. I only wish Newport wasn't so far from providence so I could stop in more often. You can shop Green Envy online at www.greenenvyshop.com.
Other than a little rain (which made people yield to one another on the side walks so as not to bump umbrellas, and made me chuckle when my friend Megan said "hmm umbrella traffic") It was a good day in Newport. Meg and I found a cute little restaurant called The Hungry Monkey where we had a really satisfying lunch. It was quiet for a Saturday afternoon so we lingered a big after finishing our food to chat and Meggy created lovely artwork on the paper place mats.
Friday, November 13, 2009
S and I are going to see Neko Case on Saturday night. We've been planning on going to this show since the summer. It always feels strange to me when I make plans so far into the future and then suddenly the future is on your doorstep. Time goes by so fast some times and so slow others. Like in the case of this work day. Its creeping, probably because I have another date with the fellow Ive been seeing. Things are going nicely but at a different pace than I am used to. He forces me to be genuine and that is not a bad thing, but part of whats fun about me is the theatrics.
Here are some of my favourite quotes from Neko Case songs. They are so descriptive and beautiful....
"Last night I dreamt That I hit a deer with my car Blood from his heart Spilled out onto my dress and was warm He begged me to follow But legions of sorrow defied me"
"The next time you say forever, I'll punch you in your face. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean I didn't mean it.You never know when I'll show you the never."
"You spoke the words, "I love girls in white leather jackets" That was good enough for love, it was good enough for me "
"Hey pretty baby get high with me,We can go to my sisters if we say we'll watch the baby"The look on your face yanks my neck on the chain And I would do anything To see you again"